Our Experience (a snapshot)
Beyond Neutral®’s experience is described in more detail under What We’ve Done.
Around 100 consultancies have been successfully completed, addressing:
- greenhouse inventories (carbon footprints), emission reduction actions and performance indicators; greenhouse reporting (NGERS, Greenhouse Challenge);
- renewable energy; agriculture and land use change; technical advice including greenhouse life cycle analysis;
- sustainability assessments; and environmental impact assessment processes.
Of these, around twenty significant projects have been undertaken for the Australian Government on:
- inventory methodologies; abatement assessment; reporting requirements; database accuracy assessments; renewable energy issues;
- verification (auditing) of greenhouse emissions and reporting;
- National Greenhouse Gas Inventory/ National Greenhouse Accounts; and National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting System (NGERS).
Environmental experience outside of Beyond Neutral® includes:
- industry adviser for Greenhouse Challenge in the energy and water sectors;
- working on the IPCC’s Special Report on LULUCF (Sinks Report);
- Research Officer with the CRC for Greenhouse Accounting covering terrestrial biological carbon sequestration issues and greenhouse accounting;
- Commonwealth EPA working on waste issues; Australian Greenhouse Office; and
- Australian Department of Environment working on biodiversity, and air, noise and nuclear issues.