Beyond Neutral®’s director is a Fellow of the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ), the peak professional association for environmental practitioners with Australia and New Zealand. EIANZ promotes environmental knowledge and advances ethical and competent practice while facilitating interaction amongst environmental professionals. He has been active in EIANZ at the local and national levels for almost a decade.
- ACT Division’s President 2009-2012.
- ACT Division’s Treasurer 2006 to 2009.
- Member of the ACT Division’s Committee 2005-2012.
- Involved with the Institute’s Policy and Practice Standing Committee since 2006.
- Drafted substantial parts of the Institute’s climate change Policy Statement and provided input and review of sustainability, energy and other EIANZ Policy Statements.
- Member of the Climate Change Working Group and Special Interest Section.
- Provided significant input into the Institute’s submissions relating to climate change issues, in particular to the auditing/verification requirements for NGERS.
- EIANZ representative at the national stakeholder workshop on external audit criteria as a part of the development of NGER Act auditor competencies.
- Organised, presented and chaired numerous successful presentations, seminars, plenary sessions and workshops on climate change and energy topics as a part of the Institute’s professional development service to member’s .
- ACT’s convener for the Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP) scheme since 2007.
- Chair and member of several CEnvP interview panels.