Carbon Footprints and Emission Reporting
Every project benefits from experience
- Ours spans a quarter century, from the earliest days of addressing climate change.
Our consulting services draw upon wide ranging experience developing:
- carbon footprints (inventory of your emissions)
- climate action plans (things you are doing and planning how you will act on climate change)
- emission reports (voluntary and NGERS).
Our services consistently produce very high standard climate change reports; high quality work helps our clients’ climate response.
We have undertaken a comprehensive range of climate change reporting services
We understand the processes involved in developing high quality emissions data and reports, as well as developing and tracking climate actions
Our expertise, knowledge and experience includes:
- Coordination, data gathering and analysis of emissions inventories (the carbon footprint)
- Have been generating NGERS reports since the very beginning
- Emission reporting across a wide range of businesses and reporting systems, both mandatory/ compliance and voluntary
- Key Australian ones include NGERS and Greenhouse Challenge
- Using inventory and action plan information to develop corporate Sustainability Reports and/or Annual Reports.
- Data used to help corporate clients understand and decide on climate change response
- Assessment of emission reports and reporting systems for accuracy in the inventory data, emission factors and database entries
- Both for Government programs and as an independent verifier
- Completed over 50 complex reports for some of Australia’s largest emitters
- Assessed about 400 climate change reports (footprints and action plans) from major electricity generators through to SMEs emitting under 10,000 tonnes
- Establishment and use of greenhouse gas reporting systems
- Assisting business with internal emissions reporting and NGERS
- Being audited (verification) by external verifiers under mandatory and voluntary reporting schemes run by Australian and State Governments and industry associations.
- Our reports have been successfully, independently verified with no material discrepancies identified.
Experience Before Consulting
In the early days of climate change reporting during the mid to late 1990s, our Director worked closely with Australia’s electricity supply businesses who had voluntarily signed on to the Australian Government’s Greenhouse Challenge.
During this time, he assisted over 20 companies and industry associations in Australia’s energy and water sectors through the development and assessment of their emission inventories and climate action plans. The companies included:
- natural gas, black coal and brown coal electricity generators from VIC and QLD
- vertically integrated electricity companies (generation, transmission, distribution and retail) in two States
- Australia’s largest hydro-electricity companies
- electricity distributors in four states
- Australian high profile renewable energy equipment manufacturers and installers, and
- renewable energy, cogeneration and brown coal generation industry associations
Before the GHG Protocol and ISO 14064 were developed, our Director was also involved in the production of climate change reporting workbooks, proforma, guidelines, case studies and technical tools. These were focused on:
- requirements for emission inventory development and reporting,
- performance benchmark establishment and tracking, and
- abatement action plan development and assessment