Action Plans (reduce your footprint internally)
We can undertake a comprehensive process identifying possible abatement actions available to your company. The implementation of an action plan will help to reduce your firm’s internal emissions. It will also potentially influence your upstream (suppliers) and downstream (customers) emissions, improve recognition of what your firm is doing and may identify opportunities to improve your standing in the community within which you operate. For a larger firm, there will be typically 40-80 actions which can be identified, focussed on mitigation projects, organisational cultural change and continual improvement of company processes, procedures and practices. Smaller organisations will usually have less in number though many of the qualitative actions focussed on continual improvement will be similar. The actions identified will be quantative/ qualitative, control/ influence, typical/ innovative and committed/ potential. We are able to assist in the development of action plans across a range of facilities and company size.
- Our clients’ operations vary between electricity, water, natural gas and telecommunications utilities, manufacturing facilities, community based, and the services sector.
- They operate vehicle fleets of varying size of up to in excess of 1000 vehicles and frequently manage diverse portfolios of buildings and associated infrastructure.
How Is It Done? (in summary)
The process of producing a comprehensive action plan which staff understand and support usually involves:
- Coordination of the abatement options discovery process;
- Senior management and executive stated support for reducing emissions and an openness to considering the options presented;
- Understanding what is under the control of the company and what it can influence;
- Small scale, targeted meetings with key staff from distinct operational areas to explore the types of actions available, understand the organisation’s culture, discuss previous, current and future abatement activities, and to answer questions on greenhouse;
- Identification of abatement activities across all aspects of the company’s operations and extending out to its suppliers, customers and the community it operates in;
- Gathering of detailed descriptions of each action within the plan;
- Support for the implementation of the action plan; and
- Regular tracking and reporting of the progress of the actions over time.